Why is SEO important in digital marketing?
If you are wondering, what SEO is and why it is important for you or your business, you are in the right place.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. In the field of digital marketing, SEO is one of the most important things that is helping you increase your reach to potential customers.
All of us know that Google is the most popular search engine. We can say, it has about 3,5 billion searches per day and these numbers are growing every year.
What does this mean? It means that search engines are a top 1 place to advertise your products or services. Having good SEO is one of the most important things you can do, it can help search engines find, crawl and index your website into their catalogue.
What is the role of SEO?
The role of SEO in your business is important. It can increase exposure of your business to potential customers on Google or other search engines. There should be a person who is responsible for your company’s SEO. His job should be to analyze and implement different website strategies in order to improve your ranking for certain keywords or topics.
If anyone is searching for specific services or products online through Google or other search engines (Yahoo, Bing), you want to have your company enlisted in the top results (SERPs), so the potential customers are able to find you.
Studies said that 32,5% of overall search traffic sees the first result on the search engine page. The second domain sees 17,6%, while the 7th only sees 3,5%. Thanks to these statistics you can see how important it is for you to be shown in the SERPs.
We recommend you to use Google Ads and apply SEO to your website to achieve more leads, customers and most importantly conversions.
What are the benefits of SEO?
We already mentioned many benefits of SEO that can bring you new customers and many leads.
Google ranks sites that provide the best content to users which means your website will be a more effective place for users.
- Brand awareness – If you will invest money or time to SEO, you get more visitor traffic to your website. This increases your brand awareness and people will start to get to know your products/services. It can encourage more people to purchase from you.
- Better website user experience – As we said, Google is ranking only high quality websites. SEO will help you rank higher by Google and search engines. People will enjoy visiting your site and this can be also one of the factors when you will make new customers.
- Makes your website more mobile-friendly – People nowadays shop or browse mostly on their way to work or when they are bored which means, they are using smartphones or tablets. Thanks to SEO, your website will be more friendly to these users.
- Increases website load time – No one likes to wait. Not even people who are trying to visit your website. Thanks to SEO you can increase the load time for your website so they won’t leave even before they visit your website.
How many types of SEO do we know?
Actually there are three types of SEO that you should implement to your website.
On-page SEO – This part of SEO involves keyword research and using keywords in high-quality content. It is really important if you run a blog or any other content.
Off-page SEO – This part of SEO can strengthen the relationship your website has with other websites. Off-page SEO focuses on building backlinks, which are a large number of websites to link back to your landing page.
Technical SEO – This involves site speed, indexing, crawlability, site architecture or mobile friendliness.
What SEO tools to use?
You can find many paid tools that you can use to do SEO analysis. However, there are also some free tools that can help you with your SEO strategy:
- Google Search Console – a suite of tools to help you monitor the number of indexed pages, security issues and many other things to help you rank your pages.
- Google Keyword Planner – to find the right keywords to target in your website content so you can rank.
As you could read, SEO can be really crucial in your business. You can achieve more conversions, better positions in search engines and organic visitors. If you do not have time for SEO, look on the internet for some agencies or freelancers.